Saturday, May 14, 2005

The Crucifixion Waltz

Lo and behold I am swaying, softly succumbing.
The wandering ghosts have arrived unbidden...
and didn't a friend just recently advice;
"Dance lightly with your goblins."?
Is this an opportunity to spin with grace,
or a stumbling block to trip and fall
thru time and space?
As I try to hold on to the periphery of a past
parading itself plaintively on todays dance floor.
But I always danced too closely didn't I?
Melding to flesh so easily,
molding my body to the curve and rhythm
of my partners loins...
believing it safe to be close on a dance floor.
And now this wandering ghost of yesterday
has its cheek tight against mine,
its hand pressed in the small of my back
bending me to its will,
and I'm moving without resistance
holding tightly to a ghosts arms
succumbing to a goblins charms.
Not even a fragile breath of air
sweeps a current between us now..
The past is here
and I am dancing once again to
the crucifixion waltz of reverie and death,
caught on the notes somewhere between a dirge and a hymn.
I see the silent drops of blood
pooling on the floor
as he twirls me round and round...
the stigmata weeps again for love,
and I dance gently with my ghost partner...
as softly sways my mind,
in and out of time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you. You are only the 2nd comment i have had in months of being here. Thats why I now post regularly at blogit. But I'll post some poetry here to if you are intersted in coming back for more:)

May 20, 2005 at 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home